Child Care Subsidy
CHILD CARE SUBSIDY PROGRAM
Did you know? Childcare subsidies can help parents/caretakers pay for some or all of the cost of childcare services. In general, families are eligible for financial assistance if they meet the state’s low-income guidelines and need childcare to work, look for work, or attend employment training.
Where can the application be obtained?
- Online at: http://ocfs.state.nyenet/admin/forms/BECS/#ocfs (Select form: OCFS-6025 – Application for Child Care Assistance)
- Or for a fillable form click here: OCFS-6025.docx
- Call us at: 315-376-5400 and we can mail you one.
- Applications are also available at the agency
How can I submit my completed application and/or other necessary documentation for my case?
- Mail the completed application to: P.O. Box 193, Lowville, NY 13367
- Email the completed application to: email@example.com.
- Bring the application to the agency at 5960 Main St., Glenfield, NY during our business hours of 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Drop the application into the drop box located at 5960 Main St., Glenfield, NY if it is after business hours
Do I need to complete a face-to-face interview?
- No interview is needed to process a Day Care Subsidy Application. The application and relevant documentation are all that is needed.
How long does the application process take?
- Regulations state applications must be processed within 30 days of receipt. We do our best to process applications quickly and will continue to do everything we can to provide timely decisions, given the circumstances.
Do you need help locating high-quality child care?
Child Care Resource Personnel from CAPC (Community Action Planning Council)
CAPC's Childcare Resource and Referral Department can assist individuals who are in need of a daycare provider.
Call 315-782-4900 extension 306 for assistance.
Their duties include:
- Supplying a list of various Daycare providers and telephone numbers
- Reviewing legally Exempt Daycare applications
- Providing technical assistance to legally exempt daycare provider
Lots of new changes to the Child Care Assistance Program that impact both eligible families as well as providers.
If you are interested in finding out if you are eligible for a child care subsidy, or if you would like to apply for a subsidy for your child, please contact Lewis County Department of Social Services at 315-376-5400.
If you want general information about child care subsidies, please visit: https://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare.paying.asp
If you are interested in starting child day care in your community, please visit: https://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/becomeaprovider.asp