Public Health Project Assistant
Job Title: Public Health Project Assistant
Salary range: $18.00/hr
Department: Public Health
Employment Type: Temporary, Per Diem
PUBLIC HEALTH PROJECT ASSISTANT
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: Project assistants will be provided work assignments to work side-by-side with Public Health staff committed to teamwork and providing quality community health services. An incumbent will generally be expected to conduct case investigations, contact monitoring, quarantine outreach and follow-up calls surrounding the COVID-19 Pandemic. A project assistant will generally be appointed on a temporary basis not to exceed six months. If necessary, the temporary appointment may be extended in six month increments. Flexible schedule requiring weekend and evening work. Supervision of others is not required. The incumbent will perform all related duties as necessary.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Receives and organizes work to be processed and recorded;
- Contacts community members and/or business to obtain additional information or to update information;
- Prepares, stores and retrieves lists and documents;
- Maintains alphabetic, numeric and/or chronological files of correspondence, documents and materials by coding and filing new material, searching for requested material;
- Answers telephone and gives out routine information, or relieves at switchboard;
- Operates computer, copiers, simple computing and other office machines;
- Obtains information and registers on computer;
- Enter and retrieve information using computer database/spreadsheet software.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Knowledge in the health and human services field; working knowledge of computer programs including spreadsheets, data bases, and word processing; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to maintain and organize records; ability to work independently, ability to work effectively with a variety of public and private agencies as well as the general public.
Graduation from high school or possession or an equivalency diploma.
Download Application Download Job Posting