Motor Equipment Operator (Medium)
Job Title: Motor Equipment Operator (Medium)
Salary range: $19.60/hr
Employment Type: Full-time
MOTOR EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (MEDIUM)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Operates one or more types of medium automotive equipment and performs a variety of manual tasks in connection with such operation; does related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: These duties involve responsibility for the safe and efficient operation and care of moderately complex motor equipment in the performance of assigned tasks. An employee in this class is also required to perform recurring manual duties related to the operation of the equipment. The work is usually performed under general supervision.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Operates a ten-wheel or heavy tandem axle truck in connection with the hauling of supplies and materials for road construction and repair;
- Operates a light payloader or roller on road construction and maintenance projects;
- Operates a light snow plow or related snow removal equipment;
- Performs minor mechanical repairs on automotive equipment;
- On assignment, may operate a bulldozer, grader, shovel or other heavy automotive equipment;
- Services assigned vehicle and maintains it in clean condition;
- May occasionally operate a bituminous mix plant on assignment;
- Loads and unloads trucks;
- May perform a variety of simple manual tasks, such as cleaning culverts, shoveling snow, painting and road maintenance work.
- Operates a small roller, broom or other light highway construction equipment;
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Good knowledge of the operation of truck, tractors, and other types of automotive equipment; ability to understand and carry out simple oral and written instructions; mechanical aptitude; industry; dependability; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: One year of experience in the operation of some type of light automotive equipment; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATIONS:
Eligibility for an appropriate New York State Commercial Driver’s License. Possession of the license at the time of appointment.Download Application
Download Job Posting